Monday 19 March 2007

Cash HE

Finished my brief mtt run with a second place for £400 on Friday. I won't lie - I'd topped up a bit. First mtt blow-out since a month ago. But my run saw me up - and funded my way into the crypto £40k.

---- for the non-poker geeks, the sunday crpyto games is one of the only tournies a working European can take part in with a first prize over £10k+. Buy in £120 - I came 2nd in it once for 7.5 k!-----

Had qualified for it three weeks ago via a sat, and gone out in 90th. This time it was 72nd. GGRRRRRRRRR. Played well -- saw quite a few flops early doors, which seems to work for me at the moment. Cards with me and had some key double throughs. Then TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT, stayed in top ten/ twenty for most of game. Donk donk lots of chips on one stupid hand when we were down to about 110. In my defence, I managed not to tilt immediatley afterwards, but played my medium/ shortstack poorly and went out on a silly button move. I get fixated on M and xxx BB and push too easily when short.

So that's that.

Well, nearly..... Been playing $.15/$.25 NL holdem on crypto. i never play cash holdem, will sometimes mess about at micro limit pl omaha, but only ever for fun. til tonight had been gradually doing ok - adding $10 to my $20 buy in and leaving. two/three tabling. Tonight I lost $40, so that sucked. but --- for first time I think i understand how there's a profit to be made from grinding, and that it might be ok. also might really help my tourney play, you have to shift out of the "should be making a move soon" mentality, and also makes you think about making most/losing least in each pot

now, before i started writing, i'd been entertaining the idea of going to bed without revisting the cash games, but sod that - just half an hour.

here's a deal. i'll stake $60 over 3 tables and report back tomo

night night

No comments: